visual analysis paper (2-3 pages 12-point font and double-spaced)
use the pic that i uploaded to describe and analyze!
topic ( Abbasid Kufic Quran and Baysunghur Quran. )
-description of the “formal” aspects of an object of art. When looking at an object of art, consider the following:
- The function of the object or use
- Provenance (location it is from)
- The object’s date (if available)
- Decorative motifs
- Calligraphy (style of the script)
- Details of the object: is it an architectural piece (floor mosaic, wooden beam, or acolumn, or maybe a form of soft architecture (tent, wall covering, tomb cover)?Does it depict geometric motifs or vegetal or floral or calligraphic motifs?
- If it is a calligraphic folio: Is it on parchment or paper? How many lines of textare on the folio? Is there vocalizations or diacritics?
- If it is a painting: observe if it is a realistic or naturalistic depiction of the subject?Is there linear perspective? Is it an accurate depiction of a space?
- Observe if there are figures: are they positioned in a frontal or profile view, Ifthere is a ruler is he/she flanked by other people, and observe the clothes of the people/ robes
Once the objects have been described then create an analysis about them. Compare and contrast the two objects- each pair of objects follows a particular theme. What is the theme that links the objects in a particular pair? And how are they related? How are they not related and are different? These are a few questions you should consider when writing your paper.