For human resource professionals, managing employees in their domestic country may be a challenge. However, managing employees concurrently in many different countries (Greece, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, China, for example) can be a much greater challenge. Write a paper that addresses the following:
- Present the three most effective strategies that an organization should adapt to best manage its employees in a domestic country
- Present the three most effective strategies that an organization should adapt to best manage employees working/deployed in a foreign country
- Finally, discuss the two to three most challenging aspects of managing employees in BOTH a domestic and foreign country, all the while ensuring that all employees are treated fairly, justly, and in accordance with their expectations and cultures
Your paper should be:
- 7 pages in length, not including title and reference pages (which are required). Include a formal references page. This is an individual paper; however, you should reflect on our discussion forums and incorporate ideas from there, as appropriate.
- Formatted and cited according to the APA format.
- Supported by at least 5-6 scholarly sources and can include some resources from this course. You cannot use Wikipedia or any CSU-Global assignment. For this assignment, a credible source is defined as:
- A scholarly or peer-reviewed journal article.
- A government-based website or publication.
- A trade or industry journal article, publication, or website, including those from trade organizations such as SHRM.org and TD.org.
Sources in class lecture:
Ayentimi, D. T., Burgess, J., & Dayaram, K. (2017). Do multinational subsidiaries demonstrate a convergence across their HRM practices in a less developed host-country? Employee Relations, 39(7), 1066–1082.
Brin, D. W. (2018). Recruit globally. HRMagazine, 63(5), 40–45.
Harzing, A., & Pudelko, M. (2016). Do we need to distance ourselves from the distance concept? Why home and host country context might matter more than (cultural) distance. Management International Review, 56(1), 1–34.
Osborne, S. (2018, June). BetterWorks announces new HR advisory council members: HR advisory council formed in collaboration with Betterworks expands to advance HR industry best practices in continuous performance management. PR Newswire.
Rabenu, E., Tziner, A., Oren, L., Sharoni, G., & Vasiliu, C. (2018). HR strength as a mediator or a moderator in the relationship between HR practices and organizational innovation? The Romanian study. Journal of East European Management Studies, 23(2), 203–233.
Doyle, A. (2018). How often do people change jobs? The Balance Careers. Retrieved from https://www.thebalance.com/how-often-do-people-change-jobs-2060467
SHRM. (2015). Engaging and integrating a global workforce. Retrieved from https://www.shrm.org/hr-today/news/hr-magazine/documents/3-15%20eiu%20theme%202%20report-final.pdf