Chapter 3 Application Exercise 1
- Visit the DME coding system (DMECS) website at https://www.dmepdac.com/dmecs/ (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Review the DMECS guide
- Explain the purpose of the DMECS, its uses, and users
- Include the results of searching on replacement socket and HCPCS code L8000
Chapter 4 Application Exercise 1
- Access the NDC-HCPCS crosswalk
- Locate the HCPCS code J2997
- Identify the NDC codes for J2997
- Find the NDC Label for Cathflo activase. Search the Internet for the official site for this drug. Locate the billing FAQs
- Answer the following questions
- Is the configuration of the NDC codes HIPAA compliant? Why or why not?
- How can the same HCPCS code have different NDC codes?
- What NDC code is provided in the FAQs?
- You have the choice to write a two-page paper double spaced or create a multimedia presentation to respond to the exercises
- Clearly label your response to each exercise in your submission