The Medical Staff Coordinator has again called upon your expertise in the area of health care law. You have been asked to provide a written discussion of the basic fundamentals of law. The Coordinator has asked you to provide the information outlined below and to use research (at least 2 sources) to substantiate your discussion.
Discuss 1 of the following Acts, and use the questions below to guide your response:
- Privacy Act
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act
- Health Care Quality Improvement Act
- Ethics in Patient Referral Act
- Patient Self-Determination Act
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
The following questions are to guide your response:
- What is the date of enactment of this Act?
- What led to the enactment of this Act?
- What are the criminal penalties, if any, for violation of this Act?
- Who is governed by this Act?
- What are some of the key provisions of this Act?
- Discuss the impact the Act has had on health care since it was implemented.
Use APA formatting and citation standards. Use at least 2 scholarly references published within the last 5 years to substantiate your work.Use APA formatting and citation standards. Use at least 2 scholarly references published within the last 5 years to substantiate your work.